Five Things Meme
Five things you may not know about me...
1. I was born in Ardmore, Oklahoma, located halfway between Oklahoma City and Dallas. My dad, a petroleum geologist, met my mom, who worked in oil and gas lease management, at a square dance at Turner Falls, or someplace in the Arbuckle Mountains.
2. I started my professional career as a petroleum geologist.
3. I learned to play the piano at a young age. For years, I wanted to be a harpsichordist - between the age of 14 and 17, I was obsessed with harpsichords, and even bought plans to make my own harpsichord. I listened to recordings of Scarlatti -- absolutely mesmerizing performances by Fernando Valenti. They still give me chills.
4. My first week at college, I broke my foot wearing 4-1/2 inch platform sandals...
5. If I could time travel, I'd like to hang out with Alexandra David-Neel in Tibet, drink mate cocido with the Chalchaleros on a finca in Argentina, while they rehearse Zamba... de mi esperanza...
My five blogs for the five things meme ...
Albert Ip - Random Walk in E-Learning
Stephen Downes OLDaily
Karl Kapp at Kapp Notes
Tex2All -- the "journeyman curmudgeon" ... great stuff!
Corporate E-Learning Strategies Brett Schlenker
Five things I'm watching on DVD... (I think that the big screen is doomed ... Hollywood will continue to languish as feature-length films played in movie theaters become inconvenient and incompatible with people's lives (unless they are on a long flight)... the future is in the series... the writing in some of the shows is AMAZING.
What I'm listening to...
Kizombas... Don Kikas, Philippe Monteiro, Irmaos Verdade
Mattafix - signs of a struggle...
Greg Laswell, "Sing, Theresa Says" (love the video... reminds me of the French videographers, Auguste and Louis Lumiere... & of course the Georges Melies ... "Le Voyage Dans La Lune" (1902) )
Felix da Housekat -- Now that Love is Gone..from happiness to loneliness..
(by request, here's a link to "Confessions of a Pom Squad Wannabe")